A unique opportunity for someone who is confident, outgoing, and able to work on their own initiative.
We are looking for 10 a week to help us to ensure that we are connecting and working with retailers to promote and manage our publications and to help manage wholesale supply.
This role will be mainly home/field-based, and will be 10 hours a week, spread as needed within core retail hours. As travel is included in the hours, you must be within a short distance of Minehead, Wellington which are the main offices.
We will pay £9.30-£10.00 an hour plus fuel expenses.
The key duties are:
Manage retail/wholesale supply
- Manage print orders to waste/availability targets
- Sales v returns – manage weekly data, report as required
- Top ups – assess/manage weekly as required
- Box outs – assess/manage weekly with Editorial/Ad leads eg supp, event or breaking story
- Assist in managing free distribution and transport, where applicable
Manage store marketing/identify opportunities
- Arrange and provide in-store + similar events
- Identify closures/openings and help manage eg through Newsteam or next nearest retailer
- Work with Publisher to incentivize retailers
- Work with Editorial/Advertising leads on meaningful competitions and offers
- Call sheets to measure and manage activity
About Tindle Newspapers Ltd:
You are joining Tindle Newspapers Limited at one of the most exciting times in its history, as we embrace the transformation into a truly multimedia news organisation.
The company has been in existence since the Second World War, but some of the titles that have joined this family business in more recent years are more than 100-years-old. We are a business that focuses on our local markets, ensuring the content and work is truly focused on the communities it serves.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: £9.23-£10.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Minehead, Somerset: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- retail: 1 year (preferred)
- Stock taking: 1 year (preferred)
- Driving (preferred)