If you are a highly motivated multimedia reporter looking for a new challenge, then Tindle Newspapers Limited has a fantastic opportunity for you.
Our newspapers are at the very heart of the communities they serve, and we are looking for a reporter to join our passionate community-based team. You will be motivated, enthusiastic and a real “people person”, with a nose for news.
The role would be based from our Aberystwyth offices. However, with much of your time being spent in the communities we serve, meeting people and discovering the issues that affect our readers, there is flexibility for the right candidate to work from home within the mid-Wales or Cambrian News distribution area.
As a multimedia reporter you will embrace all forms of print and digital, including social media, and must be as comfortable writing a long-form print article as you are wording a snappy breaking news article for the web.
You will need to be flexible, have a current driving licence, and come equipped with a can-do attitude, genuine curiosity and an interest in the communities we serve.
The salary for this position is £20,000 FTE.
- To file stories – including news, features and sport – from across all our communities for all the titles in print products and online
- File a plentiful supply of accurate stories, meeting daily targets and deadlines set by the head of content
- Become confident writing into story shapes on templates, as well as organising, collating and adding images for those story shapes
- Play a part in compiling a calendar of key events in our community, and ensuring they are covered adequately and maximising newspaper sales opportunities and digital views
- Help build our brands’ social media presence, filing to channels as and when necessary
- Build relations with key personnel and organisations in our communities, meeting them regularly
- Act as a brand ambassador in the community
- To regularly conduct interviews in the community, building contacts and become a familiar face in our communities
- Take photographs and include video content as and when necessary
- To help identify content to attract a new readership
- Call templates on to pages as and when necessary
- Assist proof reading and correcting all pages to help all products hit deadlines
- Work with advertising as necessary to maximise commercial opportunities, including collating information and writing commercially-led content
- Comply with all aspects of H&S
- Use systems and work practices to provide customer and business needs are met
- To liaise with advertising when necessary to help the smooth production of titles
- Abide at all times to the Society of Editors’ Code of Practice, and follow IPSO guidelines
- To help ensure all pages are output ahead of deadline
Experience and qualifications
- Journalism degree or diploma or equivalent, Media Studies qualification or NCTJ recognised qualification is essential
- Print and digital experience, including social media is essential
- Diver’s license is essential
- Ability to speak and write fluently in Welsh is desirable
In return, you will get to work in a business that still values local news and invests in journalism, as it takes the next steps on an exciting digital journey. You will also get 25 days holiday, enhanced sick pay, and access to a NEST Pension.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £20,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aberystwyth, Ceredigion: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)