Media Isle of Man is the island’s largest media and marketing organisation.
Our rich history in print media as a trusted source of local news has been complemented by significant recent developments in digital and event platforms. A dynamic and growing portfolio of 15+ brands generates impressive reach to 85% of the island’s households, with 2.8 million annual print circulation and 15 million page views online each year.
As Media Isle of Man diversifies and its audience continues to grow, it provides advertisers and partners across the island with an increasingly powerful platform to promote their business or service, and project message and brand.
This presents an exciting time to join our business as we continue with our transformation, building a best-in-class platform for multi-media campaigns, events and strategic partnerships on the Isle of Man.
To support this, we are looking for dynamic and energetic sales representatives and business development managers, who will drive important revenues through our growing network of channels. Establishing and nurturing new relationships as we continue to diversify, will be key.
The successful candidates will join our business at a pivotal time of transition and will contribute across channels including: iomtoday.co.im, gef.im, The Isle of Man Examiner, The Manx Independent, The Isle of Man Courier, Awards for Excellence and Gef 30 Under 30.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced sales representative/business development managers with minimum 3 years’ experience of delivering revenue-based campaigns across products or media
- Working experience of digital platforms and branded campaigns, with an understanding of audience and engagement
- Appreciation of the digital opportunity including digital marketing concepts and social media
- Portfolio of delivering revenue-based campaigns and meeting targets against deadlines with sales tracking and reporting
- Track record of establishing and retaining client relationships and partnerships
- Working towards collective targets as part of a team. Leading and directing colleagues when required
- Aptitude to operate interdepartmentally, across different products and brands
- Confident and outward-facing attitude to working with team, clients, partners and stakeholders
- Background in the digital space, digital marketing, print/digital media sales, or events and sponsorship would be an advantage
- Conducting research to develop a sales pipeline and strategy working alongside Commercial Manager and Team
- Reaching out to prospective and repeat advertisers/partners on the telephone and digitally, confirming in-person appointments, presenting/pitching using sales collateral and adopting brand messaging
- Converting sales and establishing a consistent flow of revenue-based activity
- Supporting advertisers/partners with the development of impacting branded campaigns for digital and print media
- Nurturing relationships with advertisers and sponsors/partners to generate repeat bookings and business increasingly
- Working alongside team members and colleagues within the wider business to grow and develop our portfolio of products and channels across media and events
- Representing Media Isle of Man at events and conferences
- Regular use of social media to drive knowledge, engagement and build networks
- Competitive salary package with commission structure
- 26 days holiday per year plus statutory bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Friendly working environment
- Free life assurance
- On-site parking
- Laptop and mobile phone