Making a complaint
Tindle Newspapers Ltd. takes all complaints very seriously and we abide by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO) rules and regulations and the Editors’ Code of Practice that IPSO enforces.
Complaints will only be accepted within four months of the alleged behaviour, or first publication of the article, that you are complaining about. If at the time you submit your complaint the article remains accessible on a website operated by us however, complaints may be accepted up to 12 months from the date of the incident or first publication of the article you are complaining about, provided it is still possible to investigate the complaint fairly.
- Please provide link to relevant webpage/web address or reference to publication title, date, page and headline of article.
- Please write 100 words as to why you think the article breaches the Editor’s Code.
- Please provide any other documents that will help us assess your complaint.
If you cannot provide these details we may not be able to assess your complaint. We reserve the right to reject, without further investigation, complaints that show no breach of the Editors’ Code, or those which are vexatious and/or disproportionate, or those which are without justification.
This complaints process is free of charge; we will acknowledge it within five working days of receipt. You must also agree to respond promptly to requests for information.
We will respond to complaints within 28 days of receiving everything we need from you to allow us to investigate.
If we fail to meet this timescale or you are not satisfied with our response, you can take your complaint to IPSO.
The IPSO address is:
- Gate House, 1 Farringdon Street, London EC4M 7LG.
Tel: 0300 123 2220
- We reserve the right to amend this policy as required.
Where To Send Your Complaint
Please send the complaint to the local office it concerns, you can find links to all Tindle Centres here.