Nobody understands our communities like we do. Our news brands are the favourite local read of communities across the region, engaging with people on the stories and issues which matter to them most.
You will be joining as our compelling digital content reaches more people than ever before. With teams working at the heart of all things local, we provide trusted news and information read by local communities.
Operating in some of the most beautiful locations in the United Kingdom we hold our communities together with valued local news, delivered in print and online. We publish the stories that matter most to engaged local people, creating marketing opportunities to deliver messages for brands large and small.
We are looking for highly-motivated people who pride themselves on their ability to build new relationships and get a buzz from hitting targets. You will join a lively, friendly team who are an integral part of their local community.
This exciting opportunity will see you working as a full-time multimedia sales executive with a respected local news company, including the Mid Devon Advertiser series and the South Hams series.
Competitive Salary offered.
· You will be responsible for meeting your own sales targets, through identifying and developing new clients while also maximising and strengthening relationships with existing advertisers.
· You will pride yourself on your high standards of performance, as you hit various KPIs to ensure the business continues to grow.
· You will monitor the marketplace, keeping abreast of all developments and client activity, ready to make changes and recommendations as the ever-changing environment requires.
· While you will work to your own targets, you are part of a dynamic team working to further the company.
· You will adopt the company culture and ‘can do attitude’, and be motivated, reliable, professional, patient and flexible.
Sales Executive Requirements:
· You will be confident, motivated, and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
· Excellent communication skills are essential and you will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
· Some sales experience is desired, as is the ability to work to tight deadlines and to thrive in a target-driven environment.
· A driving licence and access to a car
In return, we offer a salary plus a commission scheme, 25 days’ holiday, potential for flexible working and the opportunity to progress your career in a developing multimedia company.
About Tindle Newspapers Ltd:
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Whether it is journalism, sales or marketing a career with us has the added benefit of stunning locations, a working environment that reflects the independent nature of the company and the flexibility you would expect from an organisation like ours.
We are ambitious about growing our local audience, drawing on our heritage to confirm our reputation as a trusted local news source. Thanks to investment in our digital channels, we are seeing audience growth and innovation in new fields such as video and live blogging.
Tindle has four core values running through everything we do:
- Trusted locally: We are proud of our rich heritage, which has been built upon trust
- Local knowledge: Nobody understands our communities and our region like we do
- Evolving business: Growing numbers of people are engaging with our multiple brands
- Local engagement: We deliver compelling marketing solutions for local and national advertisers
The history of Tindle Newspapers Ltd can be traced back to the 1950s. Today, Tindle is one of the largest privately-owned regional newspaper companies in the UK. We are proud of our rich heritage, which has been built upon trust and created by belonging to and caring about the towns and villages our committed staff serve.
These traditional strengths stand the test of time as our Company evolves to be a modern media business, with growing numbers of people engaging with our multiple brands. This allows us to create compelling marketing solutions to local and national advertisers.